Tomorrow night is the scheduled book discussion of A Game of Thrones. The details are here if you want to come. And for anyone who is coming, I wanted to offer a last-minute cram session for the discussion, along with some things to consider in advance of meeting.
These are some of the questions we’ll discuss:
- What were your thoughts on the different viewpoints in the novel? Was there a point of view that you felt was missing?
- What instances of symbolism did you find? How did your interpretation of those symbols skew your reading of the book?
- Who was the main character? Was there a hero?
- Compare and contrast life on the wall with life in the kingdoms and on the plains.
- What is the next book that we should read as a book club?
I’ll post again next week with how the discussion went and announce what the next book will be.