Stuck? Here are a some ideas.
- Write a response or a reaction to a story from your favorite news provider.
- Write a response or a reaction to someone else’s blog.
- Share a childhood memory.
- Write a how-to guide to something you do well.
- Do something you’ve never done before. Write about the experience.
- Research the origin of your favorite word – or – a word you just learned.
- Write about a song that would be on the soundtrack if Hollywood made a movie about your life.
- Write a review for the last book you read.
- Write a recipe for one of your favorite meals. Share any significant memories that go along with that meal.
- Write about a pet peeve.
- Pick two characters from different books that you like. Compare and contrast them.
- Make a list of noteworthy blogs or articles.
- Write a 100 word story that includes a spatula.
- Write an open letter to an inanimate object.
- Think of a fictional problem. Write your solution to that problem.
- Write an elevator pitch to the book you are writing or a book that you want to write.
- Write a haiku about something you ate today.
- Craft a wordless story using a digital camera.
- Write a letter to yourself ten years into the future (or past).
- Conduct an interview with someone you admire.