A while back I gave you 20 things to blog about when you don’t know what to blog about. Today, I’m going to help you come up with your own ideas. These are just a few things that have helped me brainstorm. Maybe they can help you too.
- Take a shower.
- Take a long walk.
- Listen to an educational podcast.
- Visit a museum.
- Make some coffee (or tea).
- Eavesdrop on a conversation.
- Do a monotonous, repetitive task (really, your mind will be forced to think about something else).
- Call an old friend.
- Play a game with young children (ones you know, not strangers).
- Attend a class.
- Follow some links on Wikipedia until you’ve learned something new.
- Watch people at the mall.
- Bake something to share.
- Check out a movie from the library (that way if it is terrible, you didn’t have to pay for it).
- Volunteer some time at the non-profit organization of your choice.
- Practice speaking with a foriegn accent (and see how people respond to you).
- Do a small craft project.
- Throw a ball.
- Look through old photo albums.
- Reread a favorite book.
Remember to bring a notebook along so you can write down ideas as they come to you. You may tell yourself that you will remember them later, BUT YOU WON’T. Maybe you should grab a camera too.