I’m done with winter. If you are honest with yourself, you probably are too. But winter is being a cold [expletive] and long overstaying its welcome.
But since there is precious little we can do about it, here are ten things to like about this winter:
- You can make as many snowmen as you want. At no other time in the year is this an option. You are limited only by your receptiveness to frostbite.
- You never have to run out of ice for beverages. It is everywhere you look. Just take a hatchet and get some.
- Is your freezer broken? Nature’s isn’t.
- Snow, ice, and cold temperatures makes hot cocoa, tea, and coffee taste a billion times better.
- You have a valid reason for being late to anything.
- When is the next time you need to mow your lawn? Not for months and months.
- Get plenty of exercise shoveling snow. You know, if you like exercise, that is.
- You can save a bundle on air conditioning bills (let’s just forget about the heating bills for the moment).
- Introverts have the perfect excuse to not leave their homes.
- You can add a plow to any vehicle you own and make as much money as you can handle.
There you go. That’s all I’ve got.
Hopefully we’ll all make it through this to complain about the rainy spring and summer that will be too hot.
(Can you imagine a summer that is too hot right now? Me neither.)