Here are 5 more places online worth checking out:
- I believe that books are solutions, but here are 99 exceptions to that belief.
- What is the definition of dictionary? According to the fine folks at the Oxford English Dictionary, the answer to that may require a digital answer. The 3rd Edition, or OED3, is more than twice the size of the 2nd Edition which was published in 1989 and spread over 40 volumes. Is it possible that we have too many words?
- In a strange coincidence, I just started reading The Stories of Vladimir Nabokov a few days ago. As I was reading this article, I discovered that his birthday was just a few days ago. Though he’s most famous for his morally-challenging work, Lolita, he wrote a ton of sumptuous short stories as well. Here are a few recommendations on where to start with Nabokov.
- The other day, I shared Scott Cairns view on the difference between literature and pop fiction. Here’s another insightful view that chalks the difference up to marketing.
- “Josh! Stop talking about Catch-22 already! Geez!” you say. “No,” I reply. I sincerely hope that this stage adaptation is successful and spreads to the US soon.