Here are 5 more places online worth checking out:
- Neil Gaiman, author of a number of delightful books, recently did an interview about his books, the industry, and the kerfuffle with Amazon. Here’s a quote: “I think that books are special. Books are sacred. And I think that when you are selling books, you have to remember that in all the profits and loss, in all of that, you are treading on sacred ground.” The rest of the interview is pretty great too (especially where he talks about the value of good indie bookshops like Baker Book House!).
- And in case you’ve only ever bought books from Amazon, here’s a valuable primer on how to shop in a bookstore.
- Are you ever looking for a specific type of paper, and you think, “I wish I could just print this out on my computer.” Stop dreaming. The future is now.
- I hate late fines, but can you imagine owning up to a late fine at the library for a book that is 61 years overdue? Geez.
- And if you think cutting a wedge out of a cake is the best way to serve it up, you’re wrong. Don’t worry, I’ve been wrong my entire life too. Anyway, here’s the right way to cut a cake.