Here are 5 more places online worth checking out:
- The public library is better than Amazon. At least for e-books, and at least for now.
- I’m officially adding the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library to my list of places to visit before I die. Also on the list, The Dr Pepper Bottling Plant in Dublin, Texas.
- Book titles have come a long way since the 18th Century. Here are 100 examples of some great old titles. My favorite is probably this: “The Egg, Or The Memoirs Of Gregory Giddy, Esq: With The Lucubrations Of Messrs. Francis Flimsy, Frederick Florid, And Ben Bombast. To Which Are Added, The Private Opinions Of Patty Pout, Lucy Luscious, And Priscilla Positive. Also The Memoirs Of A Right Honourable Puppy. Conceived By A Celebrated Hen, And Laid Before The Public By A Famous Cock-Feeder.” That’s one title.
- Need to give a romantic card, but worried that your partner will buy you the same one? Try one of these.
- Back when priests were the copy machines of the day, Bibles were a lot more entertaining. I’d love to see one of these illuminated (illustrated) manuscripts reprinted by a modern Bible publisher, complete with farting monks.