I have quite a few friends at the moment who are at one crossroads or another. Should I get married? Should we have more kids? Should I find another job? Should I go back to school? And so on and so on.
So here are 7 helpful hints for how NOT to make those decisions:
- Flip a coin.
- Ask a chat-bot like Cleverbot.
- Make a list of Pros and Cons. Go with whichever option has fewer items listed.
- Ask a child. Bonus points if you don’t know the child. Also, don’t get arrested for being a weirdo who talks to strange children at the park.
- Whip out a Ouija board and consult with the demonic realm.
- Watch any movie and listen for the words “Yes” and “No”. If a character says “Yes” first, do it.
- Just choose the most expensive option. Now that currency is no longer tied to a precious metal standard, it is all make-believe anyway, right?
I hope this helps rule out a few methods for making those big calls. As to helpful advice for how to make the decisions, don’t ask me. I’ve always been one to flip a coin.