I was asked by my work to emcee a recent event. The main part of my job for the evening was to do some trivia questions and award some prizes. And being the lover of trivia that I am, I thought I’d share the questions that I chose with you.
How many do you know?
- Name the Norse god killed by a sprig of mistletoe that launched our mistletoe-inspired kissing tradition.
- Name Santa’s 9 Reindeer.
- In the song “The 12 Days of Christmas,” what is given on day eleven?
- Name Tiny Tim’s father from Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
- In the song “Go Tell It on the Mountain,” what are we supposed to tell?
- In “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” what is the name of Rudolph’s father?
- In “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” what does Lucy want instead of toys?
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer got his start as a coloring book made available by what department store?
- In some Alpine countries, St. Nick is joined by what mythical beast-like creature?
- From what modern-day country did the historical St. Nicholaus hail?
- What US state was the first to make Christmas an official holiday?
- How many sides does a snowflake have?
- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
- Eleven Pipers Piping
- Bob Cratchit
- That Jesus Christ is born
- Real Estate
- Montgomery Ward’s
There you go. Now your life is a little richer and you have even less space in your brain for important things.
Have a Merry Christmas!