I’m not dreaming of a white Christmas. I really hate shoveling snow. So I’m not all that bothered with the unseasonably warm temperatures we’re experiencing in Michigan now. But it is a bit hard to feel like Christmas without snow.
Fear not. Here are 7 things that we can try together in order to recaptures some of that holiday spirit:
- Close the curtains (we don’t need the reminder that it isn’t white out there) and put on some Christmas music.
- Adjust your thermostat and wear a warm sweater. The uglier and more Christmas-y, the better.
- Drink something festive: hot cocoa with a candy cane stir stick, mulled wine, or (if you must) eggnog (which is gross, not that I’m judging you).
- Watch a Christmas movie: White Christmas, A Christmas Story, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone (the original only, no sequels), and Elf are all acceptable choices.
- Make a miniature snowman out of marshmallows, pretzel sticks, and M&Ms. I’ve never done this, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
- Grab your nearest Holy Bible and read Luke 2 over and over until you can recite it by memory.
- Call a friend or family member if you aren’t capable of being with them in person.
Hope this helps. If you have other ideas to get into the Christmas spirit, leave them in the comments!
Merry Christmas Eve!